As manager, do you find yourself functioning suboptimal while nonetheless monitoring your health? You’re lacking mental hygiene or mental resilience, the key to vitality and powerful results. Good news: mental resilience can be learned!
You’re doing well. Aren’t you?
As a manager, you want to perform optimally. So you monitor your health. Physically (food, entertainment, sport) and mentally (training, reading etc.) laying the foundation for feeling good about yourself and making the most of every day.
And yet… many managers notice that something is lacking, so they only function at 60 to 70%. They often observe this at a turning point – professional or personal – in their lives, when they are forced to step back and take a good, long look.
What is it you are lacking? Mental resilience and self-care. Just living healthy won’t suffice; you have to train your mind to make it become and remain healthier. There lies the key to 75% of your vitality!
Is your business the problem? Is well-being a main topic at work?
To be honest? Not really. Since September 2014, each company has been obliged to ensure well-being at work. But that is not core business. Achieving results: that’s what counts. Fortunately, awareness is growing that this is no longer tenable: the cost is too high.
Your company creates the framework. But you can work on your vitality yourself. You can train your mind. Nobody can or will do this for you:
- Where do you want to go with your work and life, what choices do you wish to make?
- What are the sources – and thieves – of your energy, and how can you keep them in balance?
- How can you transform limiting convictions into energising ones?
You can learn mental hygiene and mental resilience!
… just like you learn cycling, swimming or golf. And here are some of the keys:
- Motivation, discipline and self-control
- Finding and holding on to focus
- Dealing mindfully with your consciousness
- The power of optimism
These are the results you achieve with a resilient mind:
- You feel more comfortable with yourself and have more time/attention for yourself and others.
- You work with focus and efficiency; and then let go. Which means peace of mind!
- You become an integral leader, coaching and reinforcing your team members.
- Your productivity increases, and you reap the benefits together with your company.
You don’t stand alone
But how do train your mind? You didn’t learn it at school, vitality programs at companies focus on physical health, and practical books on the subject are rare.
You find it rather normal for a top athlete to have a physical and mental coach. But did you ever realise that management is also top sport? And that a top executive business coach can make the difference between gold, silver, bronze or nothing at all?